Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Reluctant Runner's Suprising Song of the Day

The music at any gym can be a crapshoot. LifeTime Fitness was all right, though a little heavy on the '80s hip-hop at times. David Barton usually felt like a scenester club on house night. My current gym, SweatShop, lets employees plug in their iPods, so it varies a lot--this morning was trance club stuff, but I've heard a lot of '90s rock (love that).
I generally bring my own iPod so I don't have to listen to myself breathing and my feet hitting the treadmill. I just put it on shuffle and see what comes up. I also have found some songs that are surprisingly fun to run to. Surprising because one would absolutely not expect them to be good "gym songs." I'll try to post one from each of my runs, just to share that little happiness I find each day (or, each day I run, which is four times a week).

Today:
Skin Is, My (video), Andrew Bird

Yeah, I wrote "this morning." I'm trying out running before work since I was having a hard time getting over to the gym in the evening. It's just hard to work around social events and time with friends and eating dinner and and and. So, 6:15 A. M. today! I actually had a good morning, with extra time to get ready and have breakfast and be early to work for once. I'll let you know how the rest of the week fares.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa! I can't believe that my sleepy sister is running BEFORE work! This IS a day to remember! I'm really, really proud of your dedication! Keep up the good work!

chellebird said...

I KNOW! It's insane.